The expectation from a social media manager
This blog was originally written as an answer to a similar question on Quora and we thought it would be great to write a short post about the same.
1. Following are the expectation of a social media manager:
- Planning and goal setting for the brand at hand to align with business goals
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management for post, stories, website, pages.
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
- Highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers.
- The ability and passion to engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
2. Experience needed for becoming a social media manager
- Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas
- Ability to create cutting-edge social media and digital marketing content.
- Writing, blogging and proofreading ability
- Experience with social advertising platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube
- Experience in managing website content
- BA or BS with a focus on advertising, communication and/or marketing is definitely a plus.
- Experience in outreach, sales, grassroots, social media, digital PR, buzz building and building sustainable communities.
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills a must.
If your skill sets match and you have the passion then it’s a great career path!
If you are an experienced social media manager — we can help you find the right customers through the Smooper For Experts (PS: It’s free)
If you need any help with social media, join our facebook group by clicking here and our community will definitely help you out!